Burt’s Bees ‘Recycle On Us’ TerraCycle Program
For over thirty years, Burt’s Bees has been committed to protecting the beauty, wisdom and power of nature. We
believe in taking care of the world around us and championing sustainability throughout our business. Burt’s Bees
have partnered with global recycling company TerraCycle to create a national recycling program that is free and
simple to use, and with your help ensure it doesn’t end up in landfills or oceans.
WHAT IS TERRACYCLE®?
TerraCycle® is a leading global company in the collection and reuse of non-recyclable, post-consumer waste. The waste is collected through programs that are free to the public. The collected waste is converted into a variety of raw materials and made into new products. To date, over 63 million people are collecting in 21 countries, and over 7 billion pieces of waste have been collected and recycled, raising over $45 million for schools and charities worldwide. To learn more about TerraCycle, please visit www.terracycle.com.au.
Get involved today and start collecting your used product packaging to be recycled!
Is your packaging or container recyclable curbside?
- Check each piece of packaging for the recycling symbol
- If you see the recycling symbol, confirm that your local recycling service accepts this type of packaging
If curbside recycling isn’t available for one of your Burt’s Bees packages, then use our free ‘Recycle on Us’ takeback program in partnership with TerraCycle
- Recycle On Us by visting the Burt’s Bees Australia TerraCycle (make this a link through to the Terracycle page) page to collect points and rewards for all of the TerraCycle-accepted packaging you use
- Click here for a full list of eligible products ( List attached to job)
Mail Back Tips:
- Remove all excess product before recycling (no need to rinse)
- Recycle plastic bottles and glass jars with their lids on
- Try to bundle and send back at least three packages at a time
- Reuse packaging you have around the house for mailing
The Earth thanks you !